You Need a Scheduling Partner
Your Scheduling Partner is the most critical element of your journey to Amazing. Selecting the wrong partner will have a disastrous impact on your short-term and more importantly your long-term success. Your scheduling partner should have the following capabilities;
- A proven track record of successfully implementing APS solutions (Hint: If your scheduling partner is learning on the job then you will almost certainly fail.)
- Your strategic partner must not only be able to understand manufacturing, your objectives and your business, he must be there to guide you every step of the way.
- Your scheduling partner should be able to break down complex issues with innovative thinking and creative problem solving.
You Need a Scheduling Strategy
Your scheduling strategy will always be unique to your company and it must support your strategic direction. Attempting to resolve your scheduling problems without a clearly defined vision is usually futile. Your scheduling strategy should include the following;
- A full understanding of your current weaknesses and their implications
- A full understanding of your objectives
- A realistic vision of what success will (and won’t) look like
- An understanding of the critical APS software requirements
- A step by step outline of what it will take to achieve success
- A realistic understanding of the timeline and the benefits of each step